Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Welcome Adelaide Dianne Wilde

I didn't go to the hospital until I received a second call from Jim saying it was time to come down. It had taken them a little longer to get there as Stephanie had to take a shower and shave her legs. I arrived around 11:30, met Jim in the parking lot and together we walked into the delivery room. Stephanie decided to have an epiderial and was resting comfortably when I saw her. Stephanie was already at 10 and ready to deliver, but Adelaide had a little difficutly navigating her path out and was gently helped with a suction cup.
Time 1:38am
Weight 6.15
Length 19 inches.
The whole process was amazing to witness. Watching my daughter give birth. There was nothing earth shattering, it just seemed so right and as soon as Adelaide was born, I thought, 'at last she is here, exactly where she belongs'. I watched and took pictures of the three of them together and marveled that one little being has such a remarkable effect on her partents, already they love her, treasure her and are devoted to her. For now she completes their little family.
Already I love her and cant wait to get to know her.

And she is a perfect angel. She was so quite, so good, so mellow I had to say it just once 'she is not her mothers daughter'.

Our little Adelaide is...Perfect. And we gladly welcome her in our family.
Congratulations Jim and Stephanie












6 comments:

LouiseAW said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! The pictures were awesome and so was Stephanie. We loved getting the call from Jim late last night on their way to the hospital. Short labor for her first. Next time they may have to camp out at the hospital or Jim will be delivering a baby in the car. I believe we ALL just won the competition.

Chelsie Wilde said...

She is beautiful! Thanks for posting so quickly! Tell Jim & Steph congrats for us! And way to go Steph, nice quick delivery! Hopefully we will be able to see little Adelaide soon!

Chelsie Wilde said...

P.S. I was just showing the girls pictures of their new cousin and Hallie says, "wow, she's pretty" :)... she is a pretty little baby. So perfect!

Kim said...

Yeahhhh! Soo exciting! She is sooo cute and precious! I can't wait to see her in person. Congrats Jim & Steph!

Jana Neser said...

she is gorgeous and I love her already!!!

Jenny J said...

congrats! so excited for your fam. and i've got my gloves on to wrestle for that sweet little girl. jim and steph are in love - and so am i. congrats!