
The first weekend in May is the annual Heards Garden Tour. I look forward to this weekend every year and plan my weekend so that I can see as many houses as possible. Unfortunately, this year, my weekend was crammed full and I could only squeeze in 5 houses for quick visit. Sandra was a bridesmaid to her good friend Caitie and we were also invited to the wedding. The wedding was from 10:30am till 3pm. On the way to the wedding we picked up Tyler - Sandra was alreay with the wedding party, and went to one garden close by. There was a section that had wonderful poppies that I am determined to grow next year. On to the wedding site, it was on PCH, across the road from the beach - a beautiful setting.

The ceremony was outside and was very nice. Very differnt to our weddings but beautiful. The snapdragons were in perfect bloom and I loved the decorating touch of the hydrangers at the base of the large color pot.


The bride was very pretty, but this bridesmaid stole the show, isn't she beautiful. Stephanie had and early morning wake up call at 7:30 to do Sandra's hari and makeup. Stephanie has such a talent for hair and makeup, she makes it look so easy to do and the results are always great.

Sandra and Tyler on the patio before lunch was served

The wedding was so nice and we were delighted to part of Caites special day

We left the wedding at 3pm, went by the Newport Beach Temple and then when we could not do what we wanted, we went to Rogers Nursery. A fabulous nursery that leads itself to a leisurly stroll around the grounds admiring everything from amazing pots filled and overflowering with an assortment of plants to wanting to buy one of everything.
Jeff was wonderful to take me...he does keep walking and stoping to smell, admire or contemplate anything is limited to about 30 seconds. But I love going and he likes to take me as it makes me so happy.
In the evening Jeff stayed home while i ran to the grocery store and did errands.
Sunday: up early and at 10am I was waiting outside a house on the garden tour...loved it, went to a second house, took away one idea that I thought would work in my garden . Church, where I taught the Sunbeams- the 3-4 year old kids. I always struggle with teaching but I think I did ok.
THEN, not that I was stalking but I went by the most incrediable garden ever. It was not on the tour but there was a sign saying 'come on in and enjoy'...so i went in, and enjoyed. This private garden is my Dream. It is everything I want my garden to be. When I saw that I could go in and walk around it, a physical reaction happened and instantly my mood was lifted and I was almost giddy with joy.
The result: I have selved my recent idea to cut down on my garden, and am now ready to excavate, expand and experiment.
Dinner: Jim and Stephanie, Scott and Destiny; It was an great weekend.
1 comment:
Envy with a capital E. You ruined me for Utah flowers last year. I wish I could have been there. What stunning sites we saw last year. Oh well, I'm happy for you.
And yes, both your daughters are stunning too.
Post a Comment