Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Baby Update

5/4/2010 Dr Appt
Dilated to 2.5
80% Effaced
Stage 0
Dr’s & Stephanie’s conversation as she was leaving:
Stephanie ‘See you next Tuesday’
Dr, ‘Well maybe not’

4/27/2010 Dr Appt
Dilated to 1
Effaced 0
Things are moving along nicely.

With Adelaide’s due date fast approaching, I find that I am the one who is getting anxious and stressed. When people ask me how things are going, my hands start to sweat with nervousness. Right now as I think of Stephanie pregnant and delivering, I feel my throat starting to tighten and my heart rate increase. I am an internal mess. Sandra is over the moon with anticipation of her arrival and can’t wait to hold that little bundle that has been so anticipated.
The other day, Jenny put it all in perspective when she wrote.
‘are you getting so excited for Adelaide to come out and play?
What a precious phrase. I so enjoyed those tender words..and that would be a big Yes, we can’t wait to play with her.
Stephanie is retaining water and her little feet are looking quite chubby by the evening. Jim is so wonderful, he makes her sit down and put her feet up when ever possible.
Tonight Stephanie said that she feels Adelaide has dropped. And, for the first time, tonight I saw Stephanie really start to waddle-it is very cute but a definate waddle.
All in all Stephanie is doing so well.. tired, happy and excited.
And: almost ready.

1 comment:

LouiseAW said...

What! I thought we'd still had a few weeks. Sigh! I'm missing a lot more than the flower walk.