Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Heathers Wedding 5/8/2010

Heather is: Jeff’s brother Mark’s, oldest daughter.
This past weekend, Heather and KR were sealed for Time and all Eternity in the San Diego temple.

As soon as Stephanie’s wedding was over and everything was washed, folded and stored away, I knew I loved planning weddings, so I spent some time designing Heathers reception. At the time she was dating but marriage had not been mentioned. I knew her color was blue and she wanted a beach theme. The plan came together so quickly and within about 30 minutes my design was complete. The plans were kept and when she became engaged in December the idea sheet was dusted off.
Over the course of her 5 month engagement the centerpieces of river rock, shells and sand were tweaked to include the blue crystals and LED lights. But the overall idea remained the same. ...the crystals and lights were added just before the reception and I didn't get a picture of the completed centerpiece. The piece la-resistance was to be the backdrop of a beach scene. We looked on line and found some things that would work but the end result turned out fabulous. There is a young woman in our ward who is a really talented artists and she painted the 2 painters drop cloths that Mark and Linda had sewn together; it measured 12x30 feet and was breathtaking. It was a picture from a beach in the Philippines where Mark had served his mission so it held a special meaning to him. In front of the backdrop was a simple structure-huppa that we draped tulle over, and there was a similar one for over the cake. The chairs had the white covers that I had for my girls and Linda purchased beautiful blue satin sashes (I had pink and black) that created a pop of color. As some of the close family members were not able to attend the wedding, Heather was having a ring ceremony just before the reception. I placed the chairs at an angle facing the huppa so it was a very pretty, intimate scene. Flower arrangements of white hydrangeas sprayed a light blue, lilies and a few white roses completed the look- Angie was the lead florist and Linda’s mother Nancy and I helped. Linda outdid herself with the oriental chicken salad, fruit salad, egg rolls and Hawaiian rolls – she is a wonderful cook and it all tasted so good. Marissa, Heathers middle sister has quite a talent for pottery and made a replica of the San Diego Temple which I placed on the sign in table. Marissa is a person that I don’t think can say or do a mean thing and I wanted to do this especially for her. I only wish I had a little sign saying ‘handcrafted by Marissa’. It was a beautiful piece of work.

First Kiss outside the Temple as Mr & Mrs Stevens

Favorite girls: Sandra, Kim, Jenny and in Alyssa-Kevin & Kims oldest-Stephanie did not go to San Diego for the marriage as it was too far to travel.
Sandra and Tyler

Bobby & Debbie (Debbies second son)

The Temple grounds are beautiful, filled with masses of color all over the grounds. I thought these brightly colored marigolds represented spring and happiness.
Bobby (bobby/jenny), Drew (kevin/kim), Brook Lyn (kevin/kim). The children waiting outside the Temple while the Marriage sealing is being performed. Electronic games entertained them while waiting. Kevin, Bobby and Jenny. (Kevin & Bob, Debbies/Dans boys, Jenny, Bobs wife) Emily did not come dow for the wedding as baby Jack was very sick.The San Diego Temple is, I think, the prettiest and most spectacular of all our Temples- it looks just like a fairtale castle. Unfortunately, at the moment it is largely covered in scaffolding as they are making it sparkle once more. It was still beautiful and I loved just walking around the grounds and I found the scaffolding oddly striking.
My beautiful 3 children and soon to arrive grandbaby Adelaide.

Tyler and Scott filled in as DJ’s. Heather and KR created a play list for their music thingy (ipod).
It was fun to watch both Tyler and Scott do the best they could. Scott was mostly moral support.
Stephanie with soon to be Grandpa Jeff.
Congratulations Heather and Kr.
Ceramony: 11am
Ring Ceramony: 6pm at the Stake Center
Reception: 6:30 - 8:30
Set up was Thurday evening until 10:30 and we were all done: Clean up took 1.5 hours. All that work and swoosh, it comes down in minutes.

No comments: