I always look forward to the day that Daylight Savings finally arrives. I am filled with anticipation of the longer days in which I am able (or at least think I should be able) to get so much more done. This weekend was the Perfect time for every clock we own to be advanced one hour. (for several days I go arounds saying, 'what times was it last week?) The weather had been building all week with the promise of a perfect spring day, and on Saturday the day bloomed into a spring day that you long for. Cool in the morning, with the sun shining stronger by mid day and in the afternoon it was glorious. The smell of freshly cut lawns, the humming of the bees, noises of people outside, the world came alive. Stephanie bought me a fresh warm bagle for breakfast and then helped me clean my house (guilty feeling; very pregnant daughter happily cleaning my fridge) My back garden has freezieas spilling over the wall expelling a perfume that is nothing short of glorious. I dug in the garden for over 2 hours feeling rejuvenated and hopefully. A gardening friend stopped by and noticed only the good parts of my garden and her comments made me think, maybe this is the turning point of my garden, maybe this is the year, maybe I will really like my garden.
As the sun was starting to set, an hour later than the day before, I felt relaxed knowing that when I get home from work, I can actually enjoy the daylight.
Living and loving Daylight savings.
As the sun was starting to set, an hour later than the day before, I felt relaxed knowing that when I get home from work, I can actually enjoy the daylight.
Living and loving Daylight savings.
No comments:
Post a Comment