Friday, March 26, 2010

I was stressed yesterday, today I am more so. I have enough to worry and stress about over the next 8 weeks in my own life but decided that I needed to take upon myself the responsibility of being stressed on the behalf of others.
I will let Stephanie tell the story, but on Monday afternoon they started the transformation on their front yard. Hired contractors/landscapers are an interesting group to work with!!!! So in the last 48 hours they have gone from being excited to deflated and there was one long crying…no sobbing spell by Stephanie. But she is a trooper, (I am sure with lots of gentle encouragement from Jim) and she is overseeing the project. On Tuesday the 23rd I did leave work a few hours early after I received a phone call from Stephanie sounding on the verge of tears. (Jim is in the middle of taxes and is working 12-14 hours a day at the moment). So today all I can do is worry about Stephanie, Jim and their yard.
Now to my own problems. On Saturday, Jeff and his brother Mark finally fixed the garage wall that Scott drove into years ago while demonstrating that he could in fact drive a manual car. Sandra came up to help me with things in the house and we went outside to wash the cars. Oh My. Jeff had removed all the wood trim on the front of the house. It is what I really wanted him to do, but was going to be satisfied with only a little of the trim gone. My house now takes the prize for the ugliest house on the street and unfortunately due to it’s position, you basically drive into it as we are at the end of a cul-de-sac. Now in our glory we have very faded yellow paint, concrete strips running along the top of the garage, around the window and up the walkway. We gave a valiant effort to restucco (plaster) where the wood had been but it just didn’t look good so we took it off. The end result is now my really ugly house looks like it has measles and is all blotchy. I am trying to find someone to come and stucco the front of the house but this is proving more difficult than one would imagine. Now to my dead line. I need to have the house stuccoed and painted within 2 weeks. I am also getting stacked stone on each side of the garage-at some point within the next few weeks. On April 10th Stephanie’s shower is at my house – I don’t know if I will make it all happen by then.
So my stress is from the following: House is an ugly mess, I am thinking of it as the Ugly Duckling transformation, Jim and Steph’s yard. My very pregnant beautiful daughter trying to hold things together and ….melting into a puddle on a regular basis.
My upcoming calendar: March 27th-Stephs work baby shower; 31st attend a concert that Debbie is in; 3rd hoping to paint the house; April 4th Easter and 25 guests to dinner at our house; 10th Stephs shower at our house; 27th Heathers Bridal shower; May 1st attend a wedding of a friend (Sandra is a bridesmaid); 5th Temple; 8th Heathers wedding; 16th…Adelaide’s due date. And these are just the big events that I have scheduled. Why am I getting stressed, these are all good events in my life. I keep telling myself, inhale, exhale, inhale.... maybe I will make it.

1 comment:

Bob said...

And despite it all you still had time to write your blog. It's in teh bag Dani...you'll make it happen.