Wednesday, December 29, 2010

30 Years Married - December 20th

Yes, we have been married 30 years.  Wonderful years for the most part and I look forward to our eternity together.  Jeff is my best friend the one who I love to be at home with, or out doing things with. I worked a half day while Jeff played a round of golf with Dan. Then in the pouring rain we went to the Richard Nixon Library.  For 30 years we have driven by the museum and said ‘we need to go there’ and for 30 years, we have never stopped. (it is also on my bucket list –check)  We spent an intriguing 2 ½ hours touring the museum, reading the displays and watching video of the life of Richard Nixon.  We have visited several Presidential museums over the years and while one might not always agree with their political views, it is educational to see how they lived, what they stood for, and what they gave up to be President.  The gifts that world powers exchange is breathtaking. From dazzling jewels to hand carvings, clothing to historic artifacts all beautifully displayed. We wandered the halls together, holding hands, talking about ‘things’ and enjoying the peace that was there. Unfortunately it was pouring so hard we could not tour the gardens which are quite beautiful.  I tried to talk Jeff into taking a quick spin around the rose garden and he thought I was crazy and said – NO L.   We dined at Outback Steakhouse where we both chose steaks and potatoes.
self portrait
We had agreed to no gifts.  I adhered to the rules; he did not and that evening presented me a beautiful diamond ring.  It was a wonderful day. Even though I felt really badly about not getting him a gift.

No comments: