Friday, October 15, 2010
Cape Cod - Day 5
Monday began in a peaceful, perfect way. Debbie and I left for our walk just a few minutes after the boys drove away for another day on the golf course. Earlier I had seen along the coast a point that i wanted to make my destination while here. About a mile walk along the coast was an outcropping of rocks which had some sort of housing on it. We walked and talked, looking at shells and greeting the other morning walkers as we passed. The morning was cool, our noses got a little chilled and several times I found myself walking with my hands stuffed in the pockets of my vest for warmth. When we were done and walking by the house i suggested that we continue our walk so for another hour we weaved in and out of streets around us. I was enjoyed myself immensely until i dropped my telephoto lens and broke it. Have I said how pretty it is here?
I almost forgot; the Christmas Joy store; Not only Christmas items for sale but for Fall as well, I purchased much more than I though I would so then had to buy a bag to carry them home in. 3 wooden wisemen about 12" high, 2 snowmen, 2 turkey hats and place mats, Debbie and I were there for an hour looking and trying to figure out what to buy, it was just the best little store.
When Jeff and Dan had arrived home our lunch eaten we set off to Hyannis Port to explore. Hyannis is where the Kennedy Family have their family compound and it is a small town filled with a rich history. On the drive over there - about 30 minutes, you can see the leaves starting to change. Even over the past few days of our visit the difference is noticeable. My panic now is: will there be any color on the leave in Vermont and New Hampshire when we get there in 2 days? Jeff thinks I am crazy to worry about it. Anyway in Hyannis we toured the JFK museum, it was small, with the tribute presented in a way that you could feel home town pride. The streets had light poles with sailing boats on them, it was very...pretty. For dinner I wanted something lighter so settled on a bowl of clam chowder - a local favorite and after the cold evening , it warmed me up.
Back at the house i pulled out my travel books and maps and began finalizing our driving tour for the next few days...so many places to see, so little time. I also watched the TV show Castle which I really enjoy. Jeff if doing well and really enjoying the opportunity to play so many rounds of golf and to just really relax.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment