I can't believe that it has been so long since I have blogged. Our lives continue to be crazy....where is that 'me' time that I thought would be mine? And lots of things have been happening. On the 12th I did the flowers for a wedding, they were quite simple, hydrangers and carnations, but it just took way longer than I planned -always does. It was the same day that Destiny was moving which turned out to be a day of ever changing plans. Stephanie was working so I had Adeliade while Jim helped with the move. At one point around 10:30 I looked at the flowers all lined up on the counter and then at all the flowers still in buckets to be made in to boquets for the girls and had a mini panick attack. Thankfully, Sandra came to take care of Adelaide while I finshed the flowers. That little one takes up all my time...if she is in my house and Sandra is not around, I have to hold her she is so cute. Jeff went with me to deliver the flowers and we had a really nice hour just driving, talking about the kids, the girls weddings our 2 great son in laws and Scott and Destiny. We ended up picking up somthing for dinner as we were both tired.
On the 4th of July the Tour De France began so for the past 3 weeks my evenings have been booked....watching the race. I just Love that race. I reminded Jeff again that 'one day' we will stand on the side of road in the south of France as the bikes go streaming by. - He says he is excited and cant wait. I love the countryside and had to rewind to take a second look at lots of the castles.
Last week our house was tented for termites. This requires alot of work. You have to doublebag all food items that are not factory sealed cans. This includes everything in the refridgerator and freezer. Move all plants on the the patio and everything close to the house. I had to dig out my azaleas and hydranges by the spa. We moved over to Debbie and Dans for 3 days and 2 nights until we could re enter the house. The gas company had to turn on the gas and because Jeff had a problem with leaving a key for them to do so without us being at the house, we moved back to our house Wednesday, but the gas was not yet turned on-that was happening between 7 and noon on Thursday. Thursday morning saw me take the quickest shower in my entire life as it was freezing cold. It has taken me the rest of the week to finally get everything put away. I have replanted my plants but the patio is not yet back together.
Jeff's birthday present arrived on Thursday - his new TV for downstairs, the other one died. We had to carry it in from the truck and he said 'it's not heavy'. About half way into the house it got really heavy and I was so afraid that I was going to drop it I stopped breathing.
Yesterday I helped Jim and Stephanie put in their front garden by the garage. We spent several hours moving dirt, digging holes and planting a mixture of green shrubs and colorful plants. It looks quite wonderful and softens the whole look of the house. Next on the list is the big planter.
My dishwasher is broken. It doesn't clean dishes anymore and I have finally taken to washing my dishes by hand. I have know for months that I was buying a new dishwasher but couldn't decide....what color to buy. Currently I have white appliances but wanted a change as the white plastic yellows over time. On Friday for our date night we went and ordered the new dishwasher, and I decided on black. Today I had second thoughts and came really close to calling and changing the color back to white. Over the next year I need to replace the rest of my appliances, and we are not people to buy new things of items that still work.
I have piles of stacked stone sitting on the front porch...waiting for me to decide what color to pick. I think today I made the decision. I will order it this week and get that put on the house.
My new garden is coming along, much to Jeffs dismay. But he is letting me play in the dirt and be happy.
Yesterday Stephanie and went to Costco and I started my shopping for our Mammoth vacation. I spent lots of money but don't have alot to show for it.
Jim and Stephanie came to dinner tonight which was really nice. Jeff wasn't feeling well so he went to bed about 5:45 and then Jim and Stephanie went home to take a nap while i watched Adelaide. Scott finally talked me into watching the movie Avatar with him. I think i may have been the last person to see the moving in the world. It has just never appealed to me. So what did i think? It was ok, nothing great or magical. The graphics were great on the TV, but I am glad that I didn't pay the money to watch it in the theater. I don't see what all the hoopla was about. What I did enjoy was spending the time with Scott and Adeliade on the couch.
Adelaide: she is getting so big. She has had a few tough days and Jim and Stephanie are tired.
I will post pictures of her tomorrow.
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment