Friday, July 2, 2010

Monday June 28th
I am just sad. You know when you want to cry but know you can’t and you feel like the tear buckets behind your eyes are brimming and want to flow over. You know that tightening of your throat when you want to cry but know you can’t and at times swallowing seems almost impossible? The dull ache that is in your head that will not go away, and the aching of your heart that just hurts. That is how I am feeling right now. It is 11:21am, I am at work and have been tracking Cathy’s flight VAU12. She has been flying for 13 hours 56 minutes at an altitude of 36,000 feet and will land in 21 minutes. She is so far away from me now and I want her back.
12noon: She has landed in Melbourne. She is safe and for that I am so grateful. Now I need to wait until this evening to talk to her on the phone and once more tell her I love her. To tell her once again how much I enjoyed, no love, no cherished her staying with me and being a part of my life for a few short weeks.
Such a bitter sweet day: We give up someone we love deeply to fly to the othe rside of the world to be reunited with others that hold hold their hearts as well.

love you always dear sister.

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard” from the musical Annie

1 comment:

The Nedrys said...

I'm sorry she has returned home and is so far away, Dani! I can't imagine the difficulty in having your family at such a great distance from you. The ache of not having loved ones really hurts, especially with the goodbyes. My Mom once said to me that what makes the goodbye tolerable is that their will be another hello. Whenever I say goodbye, I remind myself that another hello is possible and on the horizon...

I love you!