Joyce is a friend of mine who has recently been diagnosed with Breast Cancer. She is an amazing woman, filled with a love for family and her faith. She is also the most talented person I know. She can make beautiful works of art out of things found in the trash. Our close friends refer to her as 'the golden glue gun'. Last week I stopped by to visit with her and catch up on where she is at with her doctors and the diagnosis. I knocked on the door and she called to me, 'come in, come here'. In her living room she had been creating beautiful candy holders to fill and give away. They are in the shape of a high heeled shoe, black, lined with Halloween colored paper. Each was trimmed with a variety of buckles and ribbons, all perfectly tied and placed. She had lined up about 40 of these shoes on her table. I gushed, they were beautiful. For her, it was therapy to sit for hours and , cut, glue and create these beautiful shoes. I was lucky, I came home from work on Friday and sitting on our door mat was a shoe. It will be kept for a long time to come.
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment