Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween 10/31/2009

Hmm, this frustrating: I usually type my blog in word first and then copy it over to my blog. for some reason, tonight this is not working so I have to retype directly here.


Halloween has never been a favorite holiday of mine. When the kids were young I really enjoyed making their costumes, but never decorated the house. I think the most we did was carve our pumpkins, put then by the door and throw up a few cobwebs, well maybe we just added a few fake ones to the real ones already there. I never liked the darker side of Halloween, the skulls, the skelatons the creepy costumes and life looking severed limbs. But I do love the fall colors and the cuter side of Halloween, the cute decorations, I do like spiders. So this year I had no costumes to make so I decorated more than I ever have. Outside on the walk way up to the house I put lots of fake cobwebs and placed several 3 foot spiders on the tree and above the door.
I hang a bat just above the door step and I had several pumpkins on the ground with rats and more spiders. I put fall leaf garland around the door and a strand of twinkle lights to brighten it all up. then I used 4 of the shepard hooks from the weddings and hung 2 lanterns and then white pumpkins with bats painted on them from the hooks. It all looked pretty good.
I dressed up as a cow and handed out candy to all the cute trick or treaters. I had a lot of compliments on my costume.
Friday night the 31st, our ward had a Halloween party. Stephanie and Jim dressed up. Note Jims hair styled with a comb over and Stephanie is very fifties looking and very pregnant. A pillow does wonders-in reality she is not showing yet. She carried a red mixing bowl and spatular. They both looked so good, they are a great couple together.

"Holly the Housewife and Holly the Housewifes Husband."
This is Drew (Kevins son) dressed as a Knight with his sword to Stephanie's belly.








1 comment:

Stephanie and Jim said...

Mom you are suppose to say that we were dressed up as "Holly the Housewife and Holly the Housewifes Husband."