Sunday, October 4, 2009

July 17th, 2009. Jeff is 50.

I wanted to get him something amazing, something different, something memorable. But he wanted... nothing. Not the fancy golf trip I had planned and not even a round a really nice golf course - Pebble Beach. Jeff is a no frills, no fuss man. And we both promised each other there would be no big party. In the end it come down to panic mode and while we were in Palm Springs, It came to me- actually we were all talking about it and what he would want (he wasn't there). He watches alot of TV, goes to bed early and in our bedroom we had a small TV. So the kids and I purchased him a 40" LCD flat screen.


On the day of his birthday I had made a yellow cousage which he proudly wore to work and when asked 'why' he told everyone it was his birthday. The kids all met us for dinner at The Claim Jumper where we presented him with a framed list of '50 things we love about you' I wrote 20 and the kids each wrote their top 10 favorite things about their dad. It surprsed him and I we were both a bit teary with some of the things they wrote-it was the best gift. Afterwards Debbie and Dan met us at our house for dessert, brownies, icecream and hot fudge - his favorite, and gave him the TV gift. He was surprised and happy. The next day was a Saturday so he and Mark (brother) made some electrical alterations in our room to install it. It is so much nicer to watch than the old one.

No comments: