Monday, May 4, 2009

Dog Sitting

Our neighbors, Billy and Tracy Williams, have gone on vacation for a week and asked if I could feed their animals, one fat cat and one big dog. “Absolutely no problem” I responded when asked. Really how hard is it to put food and water in their bowls? They gave me the code to their house and left late Tuesday afternoon. On Wednesday we got home around 8pm and went to feed the animals. Jeff was with me to keep an eye on the dog to make sure she didn’t jump the gate. Jeff flips open the keypad, punches in the code, presses the ‘open’ button…and nothing happens. Don’t worry I thought, so we try again…nothing: and again…nothing; and again…nothing. Images start flashing though my head, how are we going to feed these animals if we can’t open the door. Do I climb over the fence? Shimmy through the dog door to feed the cat? What happens if they die (why I thought this I have no idea) from starvation. We get the torch from our garage and Jeff reads the direction on using the keypad,…and it opens. Animals safe and sound, but boy that dog is big

No comments: