Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Shopping, The Internet and Credit Cards

Shopping, The Internet and Credit Cards
Shopping with cash gives a false sense of privacy. There is no immediate accountability except to one self. Shopping on the internet with a credit card has a consequence that is just plain hard for me to get used to. In Feb, I ordered 3 Hydrangea plants on line and Jeff looked at me a bit funny asked ‘since when do you shop on line’? Answer: ‘Since planning the weddings, and Google became my best friend’. Yesterday I ‘shopped on line’ (I admit it was on my break at work) and purchased 2 more Hydrangea plants. I used my credit card and put in our home email address during the log in process. I swear, it was no more than 10 minutes from the time I hit ‘submit’ that Jeff called me and said ‘You ordered more plants? I actually felt really guilty at first and then it stuck me, how did he know: The company received my order and sent a confirmation to our home email. Jeff’s I-Phone is linked to our home email so he saw the confirmation come through while at work. This is not the first time that I have had to explain my shopping…while I am still shopping.

1 comment:

The Nedrys said...

Jeff and Brian are so much alike it is funny! The things we have to deal with. I must admit though, unlike you, I rarely feel guilty! I must have a lot of my Dad in me (he's much more a throw caution to the wind, shopaholic than my mom)!