Thursday, March 19, 2009

Google and me

Have you ever been doing something on the internet and suddenly you wonder, how does it know? Today it happened to me. One of my favorite quotes used to be on my wall at work, it is gone now and I was trying to remember it word for word and of course I couldn't. So I thought - Google (how does it do what it does?) I put in a simple short phrase and up pops the first page of results. .....I start to read the links when I get to about number 6, when low and behold I come across the quote. As I read all the lines I am shocked to see....our name as the link: Jeff's MS blog that I had kept last year was right there in front of me. Google had found the quote in one of my old posts. I then spent a few minutes reading the blog....we have come along way in a year.
I told Jeff about it and then we discussed how Google does it. It is pretty amazing to think of all the zillion of pages out in cyber space, it found me and my quote.
So from Google and me: my favorite quote:
jeff schultz 'Challenge is a dragon with a gift in it's mouth. Tame the dragon and the gift is yours.' Chinese proverb. ...file://www.jeffmschultz.blogspot.com/

No comments: