Wednesday, August 3, 2011

It is time to Leave Sweet Adelaide.

What a time we have had with our Sweet Adelaide Divine.
Memories created to be held on to tight. Like her hand holding mine as she makes me walk with her around the house.  Crawling up the stairs with delight, and feeties first to come back down. Food on the floor and all over me, I thought I could feed a toddler better than that.  A toy box once more in the den, filled to brim with all things pink.  The piggy bank with colored disks that we count with.  The stackable blocks that drop down the chute and out the door, the stack of books with fuzzies to feel.  The set of balls that stack within themselves – how you love to open them all up and then put something inside and shake them.  Playing catch with Bella in the front yard, clapping your hands, calling her name and then tapping on your thigh…just like Mimi does.  Your pink bath, filled with bubbles, smelling so clean and good.  Foam letters and green frog your playmates in the water.  Swaddling you in your towel, making you laugh as I blow on your soft belly.   Lavender lotion scents your body and fresh Pj’s make you ready for the night.  Sitting on the couch surrounded with books to read and you helping turn each page. As you sit in my lap, you relax and become quite.  Bedtime kisses with Grandpa and a wave to Bella.   Upstairs we go and with your pink lovie we hum together ‘I am a child of God’ and I rock you.  Heavy eyes start to droop and I watch in wonder as you drift to sleep.  I cannot stop myself from gently stroking your soft cheeks and giving you kisses.   You are so perfect .
Thank you for coming to stay and play at Mimi’s, but now I must say goodbye to you and give you back to mummy and daddy. 

Love you sweet girl.

No comments: