When I opened my blog tonight to make a post I was shocked to see that my last blog was at the end of December. I wondered to myself, what have I been doing,....and it has been the most wonderful blessing in my life, I have been taking care of Adelaide while Stephanie and Jim work at night. (Jim is in tax season). Adelaide is a joy, and while she is in my care, nothing else gets done, which is exactly as it should be. I am so lucky that Jim and Stephanie live just out the back gate and I have the opportunity to see her almost every day.
After many years of being an 'adult' house, we are slowly but surely converting back to a home that is filled with baby things. Our collection now consists of a toy box, an assortment of toys from rattles to stuffed animals, blankets, diapers, baby wipes and early in the month I added sippy cups and plastic spoons. On my shopping spree in Target, I saw these shoes that are way too big, but are covered with beads and 'bling' and knew that Adelaide just had to have them.
Adelaide is small, and we love her being small, it has made her seem more like a little baby way longer than most children her age. She has really shown little interest in crawling which added to her seeming younger than she is but at the beginning of February she really began to roll with a purpose. She would see something she wanted and would slowly make her way to it by a series of rolls.
| step 1: see something I want |
| step 2: getting ready to roll |
| step 3: here we go |
| step 4: got it |
| she loves to put her feet up |
| Here she is ready to go for a ride in the car. |
No comments:
Post a Comment