April 10th. ...it has arrived, much quicker than I though possible. With the arrival of April 10th, it is like a measuring marker on my calendar. It means that we have less than 5 weeks until Adelaide makes her appearance. It means that today is the much planned for and anticipated Baby Shower for Stephanie and Adelaide. Sandra was hosting the shower and did an amazing job organizing it. From the invitations - making them look like Stephanie, to the centerpieces and food, she is a true event planner
We served aliced apples with carmel, crackers with topping for appertizers and the main meal was 7 layer salad (thank you Debbie for making this) Pasta and chicken, bread rolls and strawberries, dessert was Stephanies favorite; oreo cookie icecream pie. (crushed oreo cookies, mint chololate icecream, another layer of oreos, fudge, a little carmel and whipped cream). I/we have amazing friends. It is at times like this that I am reminded again of how fortunate I am to be surrouned by great women who are my friends.
Many of them have know my children from infantcy and have helped us raise them in the gospel. They are all so supportive and were so generous with their gifts for Adelaide. We have lots of family close by and all those that could came to help us celebrate. I am so proud of my girls, they understand the importance of dressing for an occassion when you are the guest of honor. 

Stephanie looked beautiful in a chololate brown skirt, peach top and a little white cardigan. Sandra looked beautiful in a nice summer dress. 

When I catch them together, sometimes I have to stop what I am doing, look at them together and a sigh of contentment gathers deep in side. Life is good.
Now for the craziness of the day: Stephanie had a Breast Feeding class on Saturday from 10-noon. (it was the only one that she found that had an opening). She asked if I would attend the class with her as Jim is still in Tax season and working. I said 'yes', as we would be home at 12:10 and the shower started at 2:30. (I learnt alot about nursing that I should have known 28 yers ago, any one have questions? I have the answers) Plenty of time. .....what was I thinking? In class we looked at Stephanies phone clock and it was 12:21. Yikes. I snuck out and walked the long way to the car, drove it to the door of the hospital where Stephanie would exit from and waited for her. She made it out of the class and into my car at 12:38. I drove home while Stephanie made 2 emergency calls. The first was to Sandra telling her that we were on the way home and a thousand sorry's. The second was to Debbie to take her up on her offer to help. I dropped Stephanie off at her house - so she could get ready, Sandra took my car to pick up the balloons she had ordered. I set up the tables and chairs outside (Sandra had earlier picked up the chairs from the rental store) put the centerpieces on tables and started to tie the sashes on the chairs. Destiny arrived and helped Sandra finish decorating. 
Debbie walked into the house and said 'what do you want me to do' and when I asked her to fix the pasta; immediately went into Debbie mode sauteing chicken, onion and spices. Without Debbie, the pasta dish would not have made it to the table on time. But, at 2:30 we were decorated, the food was ready and our guests started to arrive.
By 5:30 the chairs were returned, tables and decorations put away and all the gifts were in Stephanies car for the short drive home. Sandra was a perfect sister and went home with Stephanie and together they worked for hours washing and putting away clothes and toys. The crib now has all the bedding on it ready to receive and comfort Adelaide. I think we are ready for a baby.
2 comments:
I would have loved to be there. Everything looks so great. And it was well attended which makes me happy. Ours here was a disappointment, not a good turn out. We had a blizard that night. Eventhough I understood, it was still disappointing
Looks like fun! We wish we could have been there too! We cant wait to meet this little one!
Post a Comment