Other things that happened.
On Saturday Scott had his first ‘beach dive’. Up until now he has been practicing in a pool. I know he left at about 6am as Bella, the watchdog, had to give a few barks of encouragement as he left. His class and instructor went to Catalina Island (25 miles by boat) and they did 3 dives. I’m not exactly sure what ‘a dive’ consists of but 3 were done. He arrived home as the shower was wrapping up and he was tired.

On Saturday Scott had his first ‘beach dive’. Up until now he has been practicing in a pool. I know he left at about 6am as Bella, the watchdog, had to give a few barks of encouragement as he left. His class and instructor went to Catalina Island (25 miles by boat) and they did 3 dives. I’m not exactly sure what ‘a dive’ consists of but 3 were done. He arrived home as the shower was wrapping up and he was tired.
He also had good size fish that was shown to all and due to too many cooks telling him how to gut and cut, he ended up with fish sticks instead of fillets. Next time he will listen to the advice of the fisherman who said, don’t fillet it, just cook it whole and the cooked meat will fall off the bones. But: it took him Forever to cut it up, in the garage, in the kitchen, 2 cutting boards, 3 plastic bags and a load of laundry that needed to be redone. (and all this with Jeff helping him). He was able to help with a little of the baby shower teardown which was so nice.
Sunday the 11th, Destiny, Scott and friends participated in the local ‘mud run’. Sunday morning was overcast and gloomy , the entrance money had been paid but moral was high. As this was his first ‘mud run’ he was not sure what to expect, except that there would be mud. He wore old clothes, showes and took an old rag towel. When I saw him next he was home, showered and very clean except for a bit of mud still in his ears. He was exhausted and cold. He had a great time on the obstacle course but started a slow freeze process once they were finished and waiting to use the so called shower. The wind had picked up and on the mud on their clothes hung heavily and held the cold in. Scott described the shower as a dribble of water that helped you smear the mud around on your body. He was cold most of the day and tired.
But at the end of the day was a surprise. Jeff was in bed and Scott was going to clean his room. I was in my room starting to pick things up and tidy up as well, when he calls me into his room and say’s ‘want to talk to me while I clean?’. Hello, that is an invitation that I can never pass up. I lay on his really, really comfy bed, Bella jumped up next to me and I wriggled about and settled into a really comfortable position. While we talked he cleaned , put away clothes, hung things up and put trash in the can. It was quite a wonderful way to end a great day. Sometimes he likes me.
But at the end of the day was a surprise. Jeff was in bed and Scott was going to clean his room. I was in my room starting to pick things up and tidy up as well, when he calls me into his room and say’s ‘want to talk to me while I clean?’. Hello, that is an invitation that I can never pass up. I lay on his really, really comfy bed, Bella jumped up next to me and I wriggled about and settled into a really comfortable position. While we talked he cleaned , put away clothes, hung things up and put trash in the can. It was quite a wonderful way to end a great day. Sometimes he likes me.
Destiny and Scott resting at the end of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment