'Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives you a Fairytale'
Today is our anniversay, 29 years. Marrying Jeff has provided me with so many wonderful experiences that I would not want to have missed out on. Changed a little, but never missed. I have been grately blessed. I married a man who loves me and cares for me. I married my best friend, the person who I love to spend time with. At the end of a long day I look forward to coming home and spending a quite evening together . Jeff has given me more than I ever dreamed possible, he has supported me financially and emotionally. He willingly allows me to try new things even when they make absolutly no sense to him. He has been supportive in taking our family home to Austraila since we were first married at regular intervals. He is resigned to follow me around the world as I make plans to see places that 'we' want to see and expereience. I admire him for his strength, how he faces his lifes challenges without questioning or complaining. He is a great example of what a father and husband should be to our children. My life is certainly not perfect and we have our own set of challenges but there is no one else I would rather have standing beside me as we travel this path together. Love you forever Jeff.
What did we do on our anniversary?
Jeff went to a church meeting at 7am. I went to church at 8. I had to present sharing time in primary-did not go well, left church sad and discouraged. Made a big pot of Chicken tortilla soup and Spinch dip. 1pm the girls met at our house and we carpooled with Debbie/Dan to Apple Valley (in laws house) for their Christmas gathering. Survived the turmoil/confusion and general chaos that is always present there. Some participated in a crazy hat contest, Tyler's made everyone laugh long and hard. Had to take a pill for my headache after the chimes (metal pipes banged apon with enthusiasim by 20 people) which activity was saved by Jenny taking over as the conductor. Upset Stephanie and made her cry(sorry, please forgive me). Left later than we planned/expected to come home. Didn't make it home until 8:25pm , Jeff was exhausted which in turn does strange things to me and I get frustrated at the situations that make us get home too late for him. And to top it all off: I am 49 and Fat, fatter than I have been in 25 years. Yesterday was a much better anniversay day.
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I wish I was as fat as you. What are you up to now, like 100 lbs.?
And here I am pushing 60. You're still just a young'n.
Post a Comment