What a fabulous birthday weekend I had. Due to scheduling difficulties we started celebrating on Friday evening meeting at 5:30-my birthday was on Saturday. All I ever want is to spend time with the whole family together (I do not need gifts, just time.) Over the years this has transpired into a family dinner at a restaurant of my choosing. My favorite place to eat at the moment is The Cheesecake Factory. The menu is extensive, the food is wonderful and the desserts are delicious. Having said that the menu is extensive is odd in that Sandra and Tyler don’t look at the menu as they always order the same thing – A cheese Pasta. Jeff looks at the menu but then always gets the enchiladas. I look at the menu, dither for a bit between my ‘favorite’ or shall I try something new…and order my favorite. Jim and Stephanie are well rounded and order different things-this time Stephanie had fish and Jim ordered Nachos-and then finished off what Stephanie did not eat. Scott is all over the place and likes variety.
We enjoyed a leisurely dinner and it was just so much fun having all the kids there. They did buy me gifts, Rainbow flip flops, a can of the worlds best chocolate chip cookies from the Doubletree hotel (who knew) and a gift card to Lowes (local home improvement center that has a large nursery section) For dessert I wanted to go to Pink Berry (a frozen yogurt place) just around the corner and some wanted cheesecake, so we ordered cheesecake to go, walked around the corner, bought yogurt for Sandra and I and then sat out side eating our desserts. The evening was getting cool and by the end of eating my frozen yogurt I was pretty cold. We talked about going to a movie but it was after 7 and Jeff was ready to go home. We went home, Jeff to bed and I stayed up doing things around the house.
Saturday: we slept in and got up about 8am. There was a crepe place that the kids had talked about so we invited Debbie, Dan Jeff’s brother Mark to go with us for breakfast. It ended up that Scott and his friend Destiny met us there as well. Breakfast was delicious and the setting was old Parisian. Colorful and deep rich colors, purple, red and gold: big mirrors, chandeliers, lots of draping fabrics and dark wood furniture, very cozy and comforting.
We were home about 1 and then I did a few Saturday chores and then took my Lowes gift card with me and I went shopping. I purchased several plants to put in my mothers day urns. Purple and white penstemon, purple petunias and pink, red and white trailing plants. I am so happy with the way they went together. I then worked on the little section that goes to the side yard. It is about 8x6 and is taking a lot of my time to figure out just what I am trying to accomplish. I have decided on lace cap hydrangeas and fuchsias. I am trying to make it like a ‘room transition’, from one garden to another, so I put up a 6 foot trellis on the left and a fast growing hedge plant on the right by the house. I planted a climbing jasmine on the trellis, so in the summer it will smell really nice. I was worried about the roots as there are several pipes close to the plants….my husband knows me: he told me not to worry about it, he is sure that the plants wont be there long enough for any damage to the pipes to occur….
In the evening Jim and Stephanie came over to baby sit Kevin & Kim’s (Debbie and Dan’s oldest son’s) youngest 2 children, Brook and Drew. Jim and Stephanie did a fantastic job of watching the kids; I continued to garden the whole time. Give the kids a ball and Bella will entertain them for hours. Stephanie has no idea about boys and did enlist my help at bath time. Then it was time to settle down with popcorn and the movie Cars. Bella proved to be too much of a distraction for the kids and Stephanie finally had to take her upstairs to Jeff. At this point Bella was so worn out that she didn’t make a fuss about being ‘banished’ upstairs. Sometimes when she is so tired, she will take herself upstairs away from it all.
After everyone had left I heated up one of my cookies, poured myself a glass if milk and sat in bed with my little treat. A perfect way to end a perfect birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment