Tuesday, June 9, 2009
5:38:01 – On the clock
This past Friday night Jeff and I went to a church lecture on families. We arrived a few minutes early and sat on the back row. As soon as we were seated I saw a friend on the other side of the room and told Jeff, "I’ll be back in 30 seconds” and took off to have a quick word with her. When the meeting started I went back to sit with Jeff and he said ‘5:38:01’. I didn’t know what he was talking about when he pulled out his Iphone and showed me the time clock. In BIG numbers it said ‘5:38:01’. I am still not sure if it bothered him that I was gone for so long or if he derived some pleasure in now being able to time me when I say ‘it will only be a few seconds’. I have to admit, that I do have a long and well documented history of always being gone longer than I say I will.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment