Friday, August 1, 2008

This Year: and a reminder

I was just cleaning up my emails and found one that I had started to Nic, it would have been about the 3rd week in January. I had described the excitement of planning the wedding and that Sandra and I had just come back from her dress fitting. My goals for the year were listed: apparently I had only 2, one was that this year I was going to have a spectacular garden, front and back and I was going to de junk my house. As it was written just about 1 week before Jeff became ill, I had no idea of what was in store for me or how those goals would change. I don’t have a spectacular garden, but have managed to get my front yard by the house to a point that I can say I am quite pleased with it. De junk my house, oh how I laughed at that. I have only been successful in accumulating a lot of wedding ‘stuff’.
So, I have postponed the goal of a ‘spectacular garden’ until fall when I will attack the back yard with a vengeance. My house, I will feel successful if I can keep it relatively clean until Sept 1st. Then: will clean like never before and de junk ruthlessly. (Jeff, if you read this, I know that about now you will make a comment to me on this…you should be pleased, you like ruthless cleaning)
Lesson about Goals: you can make then, but life sometimes comes at you with a different plan. And the quote that goes with this: ‘To expect life to be tailored to our specification is to invite frustration’.

1 comment:

The Nedrys said...

I wonder what you will find in that little room/closet adjacent to Sandra's old room...