Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sandra's Defining Moment

Sometimes in your life there is a defining moment that has the ability to touch you deeply and bring about the desire to make a change in yourself. My kind hearted, tender Sandra had this happen to her last week.
She was reading Jenny’s blog: her cousin Bobby’s wife. (She has an amazing blog which I love to read). On her birthday Jenny went shopping and while she was gone, Bobby posted a message to her on her blog saying what a wonderful wife and mother she was and expressed his appreciation to her for her thoughtfulness, goodness and kindness: After reading it Sandra told me that she wants to be like Jenny and have people think so highly of her. Thank you Jenny (and Kim and Emily), for being such great examples of womanhood to my girls. Showing them by example that being a good wife and mother is the most important thing you can do and that it has value:

This is what Bobby posted on Jenny’s blog.
Jenny - Happy Birthday!!!! I hope you had a great day. Thank you for being the most incredible Wife and Best Friend to me, and Mom to our 3 kids. You are definitely the glue that holds us together. You are what makes this family work. In the 8 years I've known you, I have never once seen you think of yourself before others. I think this is your absolute best quality. Your illingness to give and help no matter what is what I admire the most in you. Your dedication to family, no matter how extended, astonishes me.
Live up this last year of your 20s. Because the amount of crap you gave me for turning 30 will be returned to you next year....yep.
I love you

1 comment:

The Nedrys said...

Whether Sandra knows it or not, she already is amazing. You did a great job! Thank you for being a wonderful example too!