Where has the past 5 months gone????
Blogging is my journal, but sometimes what happens in life can't be written down for others to see and sometimes...there are periods of time that are well....best left quietly laying without much attention.
But for this post, I write briefly of what has kept me away from the keyboard.
On June 3rd, almost 5 months to the day, Jeff had another MS episode. He suffered severe paralysis on the right side and was unable to roll over, move or walk. A visit to the ER where he was perscribed the standard treatment: High dose of IV steroids for 5 days: He improved and at 3 weeks went back to work - way too early, but there was no stopping him. For 5 months we have reviewed each week the remaining effects of the episode and have decided that his improvement is now stable and stationary. We still don't question why or get angry - there is no point to that, but i must admit, that I did have a great pitty party for one. I went shopping, but they didn't have what I wanted, which made me mad, I talked in great lenghth to myself about Jeff's doctor and decided that I know almost as much as he does about the disease and that I can manage Jeff's care through him. After a few tears i took myself to McDonalds where I bought 2 hot fudge sundaes, and jeff and I ate them on our bed together. After that...I felt much better.
The positives: I joined a chat room, met some great people who were wonderfully supportive and helpful during the first days and weeks. I learnt that when faced with a crummy trial, you can accomplish way more, do more than you can on a normal day. To always belive in what you have to say and gut instincts - and not be afraid to then speak up. And at the end of the day, I know that the byproducts of MS, can, if we work at it, bring Jeff and I closer together.
Life has settled back to normal routine, and it is better than good.
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment