Pretend it is Jan 1st 2010
You might be thinking that my life has been so uneventful these past few weeks that I have not had anything to blog about. But the opposite is in deed true. One of my stumbling blocks is that as this is the first year I have blogged from a Dec 31st to Jan 1st it was my intention to blog on Jan 1st about the past year in reflection and the present in hope. The 1st came and went quickly followed by the 2nd and 3rd, guilt then set in and I told myself that I couldn’t blog about anything until I had done my past and present post. Ahh, but to find the time, my big hold up.
What can be said for last year? It went quickly, way to quickly. It seems only yesterday (I am sounding old again, I think this a lot) that I was moving from 2008 to 2009 armed with my little list of ‘want to do’s’. ‘New Years Resolution’, it just sounds hard, like you’re not Allowed to fail, and if you don’t do everyone of your New Years Resolutions then you are a failure in everything. - So with my little mental list I faced 2009.
Health: I wanted 2009 to be less stressful health wise. I just wanted it better than 2008 which was,…. Amazingly challenging (I deleted my first word). Jeff did well, we adjusted to living with MS and tried to embrace it. As a family we participated in our first MS walk. The positive to his medication is that every month we get a really nice little cooler with 3 very effective reusable icepacks. Any one need any? I have a stash. Sandra and I took a exercise Boot Camp together: we were the most out of shape participants but together we sweated, moan, laughed and rewarded ourselves with a Jamba Juice at the conclusion of our self inflicted torture session. I learnt that I can’t do jumping jacks on command.
Bucket List: Alaskan Cruise & Butchard Gardens. I don’t want to say ‘done’ or ‘crossed off’ my list. That would make it a Task accomplished; I want a word that says it was thoroughly enjoyed such a life’s highlight. The mini phrase I came up with is ‘In Awe Of’. On August 7th we set sail on the Princess Diamond from Whittier travelling southbound along inner passage of Prince William sound. Inspiring, Amazing, more beautiful than words can describe. If you have ever thought of going on an Alaskan cruise – do it. The Butchard Gardens: I have to visit the gardens 4 times in my life time, once during each season. Spectacular.
Learnt that grandmother hood was on it’s way: Greatest joy.
Children: started new ‘traditions’ with the girls. Monthly pedicures and watching Biggest Looser together. There is nothing so rewarding as spending time with adult children that have become your best friends. Finding ways to spend time with Scott, eating out is always a good draw for him-we spent some great quality time together.
Self: Hmm, that one is hard, so I will leave it at ‘I am not where I want to be yet’.
Wedding Planner: one for free (put that down to learning) and helped with several others receiving a financial incentive.
What for 2010?
Learn how to use my camera: Learn how to use the computer program Access for work: Reupholster THE chair. (no one is supposed to laugh at this, it will be beautiful – just wait)
Marriage; plan activities so that we spend more time together. These are just local outings, usually only a few hours long-I have quite the list planned already (some are from my bucket list). After all, he is my best friend.
Service: I had decided that I want to volunteer within the community, something monthly. I received a company email on Monday with information on an opportunity to help provide a meal at a local community center for the homeless. It took me until today, Thursday to respond back. Why is Volunteering not as easy as my mother makes it look?
Art: I am not a fine artist (stick figures are my heroes on paper) like my oh so talented family, but I can do crafty stuff. I found an art form that I want to explore….so explore I shall.
Garden: always changing always a challenge, but this year I want to walk out on my patio and say ‘Self, I Really like this’.
Mimi hood: to just enjoy that little baby. Camera will always be at the ready.
Health: lose the excess poundage I am carrying about and exercise more and often.
I have to remind myself, that not all of these items need to be completed to have it be a successful year.
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment